THE BLONDS is one of MODERN's favorite shows held during New York Fashion Week. The hair, make up, nails, EVERYTHING, is a story. For the F/W 2015 season, the designers looked to the famous Stanley Kubrick film Clockwork Orange to inspire their collection which consisted of couture-style garments that were hand stitched and embroidered. Following a military theme for the runway show at Milk Studios, THE BLONDS and hairstylist Kien Hoang (using ORIBE) wanted each model to have a very similar look. “We wanted them to be carbon copies of each other,” explained Hoang. “So we used waist- length blonde hair pieces to tie the looks together.” Hoang created a double French twist to secure the blonde hair to each model, followed by a big-and-sleek style at the top. While the models prepared for their first looks, Hoang covered their hairstyles with mint-colored tulle and tied with black satin ribbons, which were removed before they hit the runway.
Get the Look:
1. Divide the hair into two sections by clipping the hair at the top of the head. For the bottom section, flatiron the hair with Soft Lacquer Heat Styling Spray.
2. Create a double French twist with the bottom section of the hair, which serve as a base for the blonde hair piece.
3. Prep the blonde hair piece with Shine Light Reflecting Spray and place it between the two hair sections.
4. Unclip the top section of the hair and spray Dry Texturizing Spray at the roots. Backcomb the hair for height and volume.
5. Use Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray and a Mason Pearson brush to brush back the hair, forming a square shape. Use Original Pomade to slick back the sides of the hair.
6. Finish the look with Superfine Strong Hairspray.
MODERN's Maggie Mulhern was backstage with Hoang and got an overview of the look. So calm, Hoang said he could be relaxed because of his team:
THE BLONDS finale:
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.