"Carmen's inspiration for this collection was Victorian punk, so we wanted to create something that was fun yet really and downtown chic, yet really dramatic. After seeing the dark vibe of the collection I immediately thought of Edward Scissorhands and Winona Ryder's character in Beetlejuice, hence the beetle and scarab barrettes to top off the look!" says Ted Gibson, stylist.
GET THE LOOK
- Start off by spraying LP Tecni Art’s Thickening Primer all over head.
- Part hair in the center 2 inches long. From the part take a horse shoe section down by the ear on both sides. Use oil graphic on the horseshoe section from top of the head to the back of the ear.
- Next, pull this section into a bungee ponytail on top of the head, then take quarter inch sections from the ponytail and twist them around your finger with LP Techni Art’s Architexture - to almost resemble dreadlocks. Do this for the entire ponytail.
- Wrap one of the locks around the base of the bungee and secure.
- After that, take the sides and form a U and pin that anywhere within the pony.
- Spray LP Tecni Art’s Infinium 3 hairspray to hold it all in place.
- Finally, add beetles, chic scarabs and bugs to accessorize the look.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.