Inspiration was taken from the courageous pioneering women of the 1930s, such as Marlene Dietrich and Amy Johnson, but updated. These women, while empowering others, never sacrificed their femininity; they were always glossy and polished, which took time to achieve in that era, but doesn’t have to in ours.
GET THE LOOK:
- To protect the hair from the hot tools, spray a generous amount of Perfect Defense over the entire hair.
- Next, prep the hair by applying a pump of Moroccanoil Treatment from root to ends to set the perfect foundation for styling (Moroccanoil Treatment Light for models with blonde or fine hair)
- Using a tail comb, create a deep side parting on the left side, using the arch of the eyebrow as a guide.
- Section the hair from crown to ear on both sides, and bring forward. Using the Boar Bristle 45mm brush, take the remaining back section and blow dry to a smooth finish.
- On the still-damp front section apply a golf-ball size of Volumizing Mousse cocktailed with one pump of Thickening Lotion, to help the waves set. Ensure the products are distributed evenly throughout the hair.
- For the front section comb away from the face, using the same comb take the front section and push it forward toward the temple. Pinch the wave that will appear between index and middle finger, and place a long sectioning clip either side of your fingers to create the positioning of the first wave. Once secured, drop the fingers down about an inch and repeat the movements above to create two further waves.
- Repeat on the left side to create two waves.
- With the clips still in place, liberally spritz with Luminous Hairspray Extra Strong, then blow dry on a low-speed setting.
- Remove clips, and gently brush through once with the Ceramic Paddle Brush.
- Complete the look with a veil of Glimmer Shine for a healthy glossy finish.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.