Amélie Lemoine (@ lemoineamelie_), a Senior Hair Designer at the Yves Durif Salon at the Carlyle Hotel in NYC, is known for her gentle touches that make big statements. MODERN checked in with the artist to get her tips for a clean, basic cut that the client can easily maintain between salon visits:
- Working on clean hair, apply ghd Heat Protect Spray as a foundation.
- Starting at the nape of the neck, take horizontal 1" deep sections.
- At the root of the section, place ghd's Platinum+ horizontally, closing gently and glide towards the end of the hair. Platinum plus will achieve a perfectly straight finish in one stroke creating a perfect foundation for you to create your haircut.
- Continue working in horizontal sections working up towards the parting
- Staring with a base to determine the angle for the desired haircut, hold 1/2 inch sections vertically, with minimal tension, and cut for layers to add some volume. Finish by texturizing the ends for a natural fall.
- Once finished, have the client brush her hair with her favorite brush, then have her move her hair from side to side to make sure the hair falls into place correctly.
- Teach your client how to flat iron properly so that she will get similar results between salon visits.