Newly-launched MadeTrue Hair is making a difference in the beauty, health and medical fields and is emerging as the solution-driven option in prestige, affordable, custom-made human-hair wigs.
How MadeTrue Hair works for the client:
- Visit the MadeTrue Hair website, www.madetruehair.com via smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Connect with MadeTrue Hair’s Personal Concierge via live on-line chat, phone or video chat.
- Work with a Personal Concierge to create a custom wig: identify hair color; highlights; lowlights; hair texture and style.
- In addition to the guided Personal Concierge option, clients can take a DIY path using the MadeTrue Advanced Facial Recognition and AR Innovator (proprietary technology).
- Using augmented reality with their uploaded photo, clients can then “try on” different hairstyles and explore the latest looks from celebrity stylists, celebrities and the red carpet in MadeTrue’s curated Tressing Room (powered by Archsoft Technology) featuring multiple hair styles.
- Option to have MadeTrue’s Personal Concierge team work directly with the client’s personal hairdresser.
- Easy, private and secure checkout is offered on the website.
- MadeTrue Hair offers financing through PayPal, assists in insurance for cranial prosthesis and supports in building GoFundMe campaigns for the client.
- Wig delivered to the client in less than ten days.
“When I was presented with the opportunity to be a founder of MadeTrue Hair, I was immediately inspired,” said Phyllis Nomura, Co-Founder, MadeTrue Hair and Chief Financial Officer, Kosmos Management. “This business endeavor is more than business. It gives us the opportunity to make an impact on people we love and care about. And, personally, that is what touches my heart the most. It is about the times when you may feel down or frustrated, and you look at yourself to see the true you. Your look lifts you up, it captures your essence, it changes your perspective, it lightens your spirit and you feel in control, less impacted by your hair loss.”
The MadeTrue Personal Concierge team is comprised of compassionate individuals with backgrounds and experience as wig wearers and wig fans who often have been through the journey, and have been touched by medical hair loss challenges directly or indirectly. Medical professionals and beauty professionals including hair artists, celebrity and platform hairdressers, and educators are available to help clients through the journey.
“The need has grown stronger to bring back the vanishing art of the wig maker,” said Beauty Brand Incubator and Co-Founder of MadeTrue Hair, Barry Shaich. “When I looked at it, I said this industry hasn’t changed for hundreds of years. Wigs have always been a pre-styled, ready-to-wear product. For high fashion, MadeTrue wants to be a unique and authentic product.” Shaich continued, “When facing hair loss due to medical issues, people are literally losing parts of themselves. When things are being taken away, MadeTrue wants to put it back in a way that is unique and powerful just like you.”
MadeTrue wigs feature a natural hair line and beautiful vibrant color. Custom wigs start at $2,000 each, a fraction of the cost of a bespoke product of this caliber, which has traditionally ranged in price from $4,000 to $7,000 each and has taken weeks, not days, to be delivered.
MadeTrue Hair is located in the heart of Silicon Beach, California, with its flagship studio in Seattle, Washington.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.