Many stylists struggle with the juggle—finding the time they need to build their careers plus the time they need to nurture their families. As a Master Stylist at The Salon by InStyle in Las Vegas, Cassie McIntosh has earned the right to schedule her time to fit the needs of her clients and her family, and she’s grateful to the company that makes it possible.
MOTHER-IN-LAW KNOWS BEST
When Cassie was starting her career, it was her mother-in-law who pointed her in the direction of the Salon by InStyle. “She went to a JCPenney salon in Florida and she saw how much all the stylists loved working there and loved each other,” says Cassie. “She kept saying, ‘You’ve got to go to JCPenney.’ I did and I’m so glad. Everyone is great. It’s like having another family.”
HARD WORK PAYS OFF
Cassie started her career at Salon by InStyle at the Designer level, and from day one was determined to move up. “It took hard work and consistency,” she says. “But I kept busy and kept at it.”
TIME + FREEDOM
The result of Cassie’s hard work was a promotion that gives her the flexibility and freedom that few commissioned stylists can claim. “One of the best days of my career was learning I made Master Stylist,” she remembers. “It changed my life. Now I can set goals, I earn a great commission and I have the flexibility to set my schedule so I can go to my daughter’s soccer games and hang out with my husband. I love it!”
WHY I BELONG @THE SALON BY INSTYLE
“I don’t have family close by,” says Cassie. “So if I my daughter gets sick or needs me, I have to figure it out. The company understands that, and they have my back.”
More Salon by InStyle associates share their #IBELONGinbeauty stories:
- Here’s how Alyson Reck found her family-friendly fit.
- At the Salon by InStyle, Christine Butcher discovered the best of all worlds.
- Imagine getting paid to learn! This stylist earns when she’s in class!
- Must-have career advice: go where you can grow!
- This salon manager has embraced a career that makes her dreams come true.
- Meet a dedicated salon manager who aspires to inspire.
- The freedom of a solo artist with the support of a salon family? This pair found a place where it’s all possible.
- This pro found a salon family that takes care of HER family.
- This stylist found flexibility and security in her career