Cosmetologists Chicago (CC) and America’s Beauty Show (ABS) have announced the appointment of Frank P. Fulco as their new Chief Executive Officer. Frank joins a very select few of CEOs in Cosmetologists Chicago’s 100+ year history. CC is the association that currently represents 18,000+ salon professionals, including licensed cosmetologists, estheticians and nail technicians, salon owners and cosmetology school owners and student members. CC owns and produces the annual America’s Beauty Show, offering professionals a long-standing commitment to their careers and education.
Frank will lead strategic planning for ABS and continue to build on CC’s legacy of support and growth for professionals and students. In addition to CC, he will also lead the growth of International Nail Technicians Association (INTA) and CIDESCO USA for esthetics professionals.
The Board of Directors of Cosmetologists Chicago underwent a rigorous process in appointing CC’s CEO. “Frank has a deep understanding of the professional beauty industry and is a passionate, servant leader,” said Karen Gordon, president of Cosmetologists Chicago. “CC is a forward-thinking, action-oriented network with an unlimited future that has a great history in the professional salon industry. We look forward to having Frank on board as he leads our associations and shows into the future.”
“I am truly honored to be selected as the next CEO of Cosmetologists Chicago. I respect the hard work of my predecessors and look forward to working together with our industry to position Cosmetologists Chicago and America’s Beauty Show to thrive for the next one hundred years,” said Fulco. “I will give my very best effort to nurture an association culture that is inclusive, relevant and serving to licensed professionals; as well as to unite our community each year at America’s Beauty Show with a spirit that honors artistic expression and the value of relationships. Together, our future is bright. We are Cosmetologists Chicago and America’s Beauty Show.”
In serving 29-years in the professional beauty industry, Fulco is a proven senior executive with strong strategic vision. He has held positions at leading professional beauty companies and is committed to serving others. Frank formerly served on the Board of Directors of Cosmetologists Chicago and currently serves on the Board of Directors at New Concepts Hair by Sthair.
Fulco holds a Master of Business Administration from Loyola University Chicago. He is an adjunct faculty member at the John Carroll University Boler College of Business. When not working or teaching, Frank enjoys time with his family.
America’s Beauty Show by Cosmetologists Chicago
Cosmetologists Chicago is a salon and spa professional membership organization that owns and produces the annual America’s Beauty Show. ABS is the heart of the professional beauty industry and serves salon owners, professionals, colorists, nail technicians and estheticians. Cosmetologists Chicago is led by working salon professionals who sit on the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors of Cosmetologists Chicago for 2018-20 includes:
- President – Karen Gordon, J. Gordon Designs, Chicago, IL
- Vice President – Robert Passage, Pivot Point International, Chicago, IL
- Secretary – Lorrene Conino, Salon Lorrene, Palatine, IL
- Treasurer – Christopher Damolaris, Frank Gironda Salon & Spa, Naperville, IL
- Immediate Past President – Larry Silvestri, Mario Tricoci Hair Salons & Day Spas, Chicago, IL
- Director – Chris Valavanis – Vanis Salon & Day Spa, Schererville, IN
- Director – Kathy Jager – Kathy Jager & Associates / Pro’s 15110 Salon, Oak Forest, IL
- Director – Mireya Villarreal, Pink Pewter, Bartlet, IL
- Director – Nick Stenson, ULTA Beauty, Chicago, IL
Cosmetologists Chicago staff and strategic partners, with 125+ years combined experience, includes:
- Frank P. Fulco – Chief Executive Officer
- Amy Westercamp – Chief Operations Officer
- Michael Amato – Chief Financial Officer
- Christie Smaidris – Director of Association Operations
- Kristen Erickson – Creative Director
- Joy Mutimura – Senior Coordinator of Exhibitor Operations
- Alexis Ojinnaka – Events / Membership Coordinator
- Hanna Ayoub-Dance – Data and IT Manager
- Kate Gallagher, Gallagher & Associates – Marketing and Communications, Industry Media
- Dori Wilson, Dori Wilson Public Relations – Consumer Media Relations
- Sam Pechan, Ideas That Evoke – Social media
- John Petroff – Exhibit Sales, Legacy Accounts
- Jarek Lipczynski – Director of Sales, New Indie Brands
- Nicole Jurrens – Marketing Associate
- Kelsey Maka – Accounting Coordinator
Save the dates!
The 2020 America’s Beauty Show will host 70,000 attendees, including salon owners, cosmetologists, colorists, nail techs, barbers, estheticians, exhibitor personnel and models, in downtown Chicago, April 18-20, 2020. ABS will feature hundreds of exhibits offering the latest in hair care and color, nails and skin care, tools and salon furnishings. The blockbuster event is owned and produced by the not-for-profit Cosmetologists Chicago.
About America’s Beauty Show®
America’s Beauty Show (ABS) is owned and produced by Cosmetologists Chicago® (CC). Professional cosmetologists, nail technicians, stylists and colorists from all over the world attend ABS every year to experience superior education and innovation in all aspects of beauty, as well as gain inspiration to take back to their salons. ABS is the financial driver of legislative protection for licensure & regulation, funds scholarships for advanced education, and boosts awareness of the excellence of professional beauty services. With more than 70,000 admissions including salon professionals and owners, aspiring students and teachers, headliners and educators, leading product manufacturers and distributor personnel showing their latest products and distributors, America’s Beauty Show is a great destination for serious beauty professionals. www.americasbeautyshow.com
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.