Texarkana colorist Hailey Mahone is best known for her bubbly personality and killer color skills. The vibrant-hair specialist creates beautiful blends and stunning results with everything from bright reds and greens to (yes!) neutrals. Mahone's clients trust her expertise to achieve their dream hair color, and fellow stylists turn to her because of her natural ability to educate.
We've been big fans of Mahone for awhile, but a recent post left us swooning. Mahone perfectly balanced a pink and orange split using colors from Goldwell's new Elumen play line.
“The vibrancy and consistency of the colors in Elumen Play are excellent,” Mahone says. “It glides through the hair, and the color payoff is exceptional.”
There are eight bold, shades and four pastels, all of which are true to tone and can be customized with Clear to pastelize and Jet Black for a more smokey finish. The other shades include: Sunny Yellow, Juicy Orange, Fiery Red, Hot Pink, Mysterious Violet, Ocean Blue, Tropical Green, Blush Coral, Bashful Rose, Sweet Lavender, and Cool Mint. When changing color, Elumen Play Eraser is designed to remove the current shade.
Check out Mahone's video below for the demo on this split look:
- First, prelighten hair to a level 10.
- Section hair into a simple four-quadrant split for easy application.
- Carefully apply Elumen Play Juicy Orange to the entirety of the left side of the head from center of forehead to the nape.
- Apply Elumen Play Hot Pink to the right side to create a split color.
- Process 30 minutes with no heat.
- Rinse with COLD water on high pressure. No shampoo. Follow up with Goldwell Elumen Color Conditioner!
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.