NYFW: Beauty By Eufora and Smith&Cult at Katie Ermilio
Katie Ermilio kicked off the New York Fashion Week F/W 2015 Collections with strong beauty. Inspired by vintage ski photos, Ermilio invited her beauty teams to take that inspiration and run with it.
The hair look by Neil Smith (using Eufora) was of dual texture, sleek against movement, that he describes as "Ultra feminine, edgy and young."
Here Smith offers the steps the team took to achieve the final hair look and shares an overview video:
- On cleansed hair, prime your med lengths to ends with Eufora's Volume Fusion Spray, then use Eufora's Formation styling mouse and roughly dry into the hair.
- Place a very deep set parting on your desired side of choice.
- Cocktail Eufora Piece Works & Pure Polish together and staring at the nape (neck hairline) smooth the cocktail of product onto 1 inch sections of the hair from the root down the hair shaft to hairline, repeat this process throughout the entire head (smoothing with a comb as you do so).
- Secure the sleek mirror like shine, hair at the nape with clips or pins/grips.
- With the mid lengths and ends take 2 inch vertical sections from right to left and lightly wrap the hair around a conical wand to create soft movement and messy waves
- Repeat this process on the rest of the hair and secure into place with Eufora's Elevate Finishing Spray
- After leaving the waves to set and cool depending on desired finish tease the movement out with a rack comb or your fingers and spray Eufora's Sea Spritz for that lived in texture to your waves.
Tracylee created a beautiful nail design using Smith&Cult, again using the inspiration of vintage ski photos. Here she offers an overview of the simple, clean and pristine look.