How-To: Anne Hathaway's Half Top Knot by Anh Co Tran Using Flow Hair Care
Anne Hathaway arrives at the 2016 Toronto International Film Festival "Colossal" premiere held at Ryerson Theatre on September 9, 2016 in Toronto, Canada. Hair by Anh Co Tran for Flow Hair Care.Photo By Michael Tran/Getty Images Photo 1 of 6
Flow Zero Friction Detangling Treatment is a nourishing and protective leave-in treatment that instantly releases tangles and defrizzes while providing luminous shine, glide, and static control to all types of hair.Photo 3 of 6
Flow Radiant Armor Heat Protect Spray protects the hair against the damaging effects of blow drying and hot tool styling, without feeling sticky. Provides beautiful shine and light body for all hair types.Photo 4 of 6
Flow Infinite Style Boundless Body Plumping Lotion creates gorgeous bouncy, voluminous hair. This medium-hold plumping lotion provides incredible body while adding long lasting style control. For normal to fine hair types.Photo 5 of 6
Flow Infinite Style Touchable Texture Design Cream provides long lasting, pliable hold for textured styles. This easy to use cream locks style in place with a flexible hold that feels dry and soft to the touch. For all hair types.Photo 6 of 6
Academy Award-winning actress Anne Hathaway wore a modern and romantic half-updo styled by Anh Co Tran with Flow Hair Care products at the Toronto International Film Festival. She attended the red carpet premiere of her new film "Colossal," wearing a fitted Rodarte floral dress with gold embroidery and sheer lace sleeves.
“The design of Anne’s Rodarte botanical dress was so amazing that we went for a look of ‘undone romance’—soft, shiny and natural-looking yet very now,” said Tran. “Though the style was deconstructed, every strand had to look vibrant, lustrous and weightless for the look to work. To accent the modern romantic theme, I added a small top knot for a whimsical touch.”
GET THE LOOK:
1. To prepare hair for styling, apply Flow Zero Friction Detangling Treatment on damp hair to nourish and defrizz. Comb through. Immediately follow with Flow Radiant Armor Heat Protect Spray to protect hair and amplify shine. Comb through.
2. Then, layer in a pea-size amount of Flow Boundless Body Plumping Lotion on damp hair at the roots to create lift and style support. Follow with a pea-size amount of Flow Touchable Texture Design Cream, applying to damp hair from mid-shaft to ends for flexible hold. Rough-dry until hair is 80% dry.
3. Use fingers to lift hair at the roots while blow-drying to create fullness. Smooth out the ends by blow-drying them with a round brush.
4. Using a 1" curling iron, create soft, flowing curls in sections.
5. Once the curls are finished, re-apply a small amount of Flow Touchable Texture Design Cream to dry hair using fingertips to break up the curls for undone texture.
6. Take hair from the crown section and twist it into a topknot. Secure with bobby pins, leaving some hair out for a soft, undone, romantic look.
7. Complete this style using Flow Impeccable Finish Flex Working Hairspray.