NYFW: L'Anza For Son Jung Wan S/S '17
The Son Jung Wan Spring/Summer 2017 collection paid homage to the designer’s impressions of the '70s. The clothes captured the excitement of the Studio 54 era and included a playful mix of vivid colors, bold prints, and feminine silhouettes that captured the glamour of the era.
Runway stylist Jorge Luis for L’ANZA Healing Haircare created masterful looks inspired by the vibrant collection. “It was all about texture, volume, and a sense of fun,” explained Jorge Luis, “and my go-to inspirations were Donna Summer, Jerry Hall and Bo Derek.” The high-energy styles were accented with cornrow braids woven in at the top, blending into cascades of afro-inspired texture. “The key to the look was to create a texture that looked modern yet organic,” said Jorge Luis. To create the effect, he tightly curled sections of hair around chopsticks then placed them into flat irons. Sections varied in size and were randomly taken to make each look appear more individual.
Here Luis shares the how-to:
- Prep hair with L’ANZA Keratin Healing Oil Hair Treatment to quickly smooth, de-frizz and condition for a naturally healthy look.
- Create a middle part with a rattail comb. Grab large sections of hair close to each side of the part and French braid until halfway through hair, then secure. Repeat on other side.
- French braid remaining hair on both sides and secure.
- For remaining hair underneath, wrap small to medium sections (in random directions) of hair tightly around a chopstick, and place in between flat iron plates for a minute. Shift iron position as needed to apply heat to all chopstick- wrapped hair. Release and comb out. Spray curls with L’ANZA Healing Style Dry Texture Spray to heal and condition just-ironed hair, and add volume and hold, all weightlessly.
- Mist clear L'ANZA Color Illuminator Hair Brightening Spray to make texture and hair color look more intense, vibrant and shiny.
- Finish with humidity resistant L'ANZA Keratin Healing Oil Lustrous Finishing Spray to give firm, natural-looking hold.