NYFW: Ted Gibson At Carmen Marc Valvo F/W 2017
Ted Gibson and The Ted Gibson Artistic Team created a beautiful textured ponytail for the Carmen Marc Valvo F/W 2017 collection presented earlier today during NYFW. “This season, Carmen was inspired by the sunset and all the different colors and warmth that comes with it," says Gibson. "When I saw the collection, I knew that the hair needed to be soft and romantic. When creating this style I evoked 70s glamour - Stevie Nicks, Bianca Jagger & Diana Ross. The texture and the volume are the perfect look to compliment Carmen’s beautiful collection.”
Here Gibson shares the details for the look:
- Start off by creating a center part using a tail comb and apply Kerastase’s Mousse Bouffant from mid-lengths to ends to give the hair body and texture.
- Next, blow dry with medium sized round brush.
- Then, taking one inch sections, use a one inch curling tong and wrap the hair around the tong to create a wave in the hair.
- Using your hands on both sides of the head pull all hair to the nape of the neck and secure with an elastic.
- Then, wrap a small piece of the hair from the pony around the elastic to hide it and pin to hold it in place.
- Finally, fluff the pony and finish by spraying L’Oreal Professionnel’s Elnett holding spray to hold it all in place.