On Monday, October 30, top hairstylists and nail artist professionals from the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada came together for Wella Company’s “The He(ART) of Hair” at the Aria Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. The sold-out event featured the annual 2023 Beauty Envision Awards presented by Trendvision.
The HeART of Hair 2023 invited stylists from North America to an immersive event that celebrates where passion and inspiration collide. To kick-off the event, three Wella executives spoke about the company, professionals at every level of their careers, and the trends established by the beauty industry. The speakers included:
- Yannis Rodocanachi, President for the Americas
- Lori Pantel, NA VP & Chief Marketing Officer
- Carole Protat, Sr. Director Brand Education, Artists & Events
The show featured Wella NA Ambassadors, Global Artists, and Sebastian Global Artists sharing their techniques as they showcased their creative skills, demonstrating live on models.
- Brunettes and Reds: Sonya Dove and Daniel Mora
- Ultimate Blondes: Zach Mesquit and Dereq Clark
- Creative Color: James Earnshaw and Briana Cisneros
- Cut & Style: Anthony Morale and Marylle Koken
"Stylists are the heart and soul of Wella Company. We are committed to being their partners by enabling stylists to the best at their craft through a harmonious fusion of artistry, science, and creativity.”
— Yannis Rodocanachi, Wella Company President
To close the show, Carole Protat returned to the stage to announce the winners of the Beauty Envision Awards. The awards are the ultimate competition for beauty professionals looking to elevate their skills and showcase their creativity, envisioning the next era of beauty.
Over the course of 2023, 39 finalists were narrowed down from thousands of entries via online submissions. Categories were broken down across Cut, Color, Style, and Nails and had diverse sub-categories within. Artists created looks around the “Neo Flex” theme, which challenged them to dig deep into their arsenal of abilities to find flexibility and strength in softness.
This year’s judging panel of top industry professionals included:
- Briana Cisneros, Wella Professionals NA Brand Ambassador
- Gerard Scarpaci, Craft Hairdresser and Hairbrained Co-founder
- Lia Smith, OPI NA Education Manager
- Galdina Gimenez, OPI NA Education Manager
- Sonya Dove, Wella Professionals Global Creative Artist
The 2023 Beauty Envision Awards Winners
- Student Cut: Allen Atkinson, Ogle School, Fort Worth, TX
- Creative Cut: Jaclyn Coladonato, Mania Hair Studio, Norwalk, CT
- Ready to Wear Cut: Georgia Bolton, The Harlot Salon, Los Angeles, CA
- Student Style: OcKiah Johnson, Bellus Academy, San Diego, CA
- Editorial Style: Keisha Mines, LaMace Visions, Chesterfield, VA
- Curls and Coils Style: Katie Manselle, Culture Hair Studio, Durham, NC
- Bridal Style: Anjela Drobot, High Society Salon, New York, NY
- Student Nail: Alecia Hayes, Hays Academy of Hair Design, Hays, KS
- Gel Nail: Kaitlynn Mounce, Ogle School, Denton, TX
- Creative Nail: Ruby Armendariz, Ogle School, San Antonio, TX
- Student Color: Amy Howard, Hays Academy of Hair Design, Collyer, KS
- Creative Color: Erika Farias, Bellus Academy, San Diego, CA
- Ready to Wear Color: Kara Kessner, The Harlot Salon, Los Angeles, CA
- Transformation Color: Regan Wasson, Glow Hair Studio, Ottawa, Canada
- Curls and Coils Color: Katie Manselle, Culture Hair Studio, Durham, NC
People’s Choice Awards
- Christina Belle Nicolaides , Gingersnap Salon, Sudbury, Ontario Canada
The winners received a $1,000 USD Visa gift card and a Full Wella Education certification journey ($6,500 USD value). Additionally, U.S. & Canada TrendVision Color and Creative artists will receive attendance to the International TrendVision Awards Creative Retreat.
For more information, and to view the 2023 Beauty Envision Awards replay, go to Wella Education on Instagram and Facebook.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.