Professional-grade skincare and makeup brand Mirabella introduced its newest Invincible for All Foundation (in 24 shades), featuring hydrating ingredients such as a collagen-boosting peptide complex Matrixyl 3000, Hyaluronic Acid, and Glycerin.
The brand’s licensed aesthetician Serynne Evans Atwell offers her tips on applying Mirabella’s makeup to dry skin just in time for winter. She includes the new Invincible for All Foundation, a luminosity-enhancing Awaken Primer (both using Matrixyl 3000 and Hyaluronic Acid to moisturize and boost skin), and soothing skincare picks with Niacinamide, Centella Asiatica, Glycerin, and Chamomile. Serynne has advice on how to apply Mirabella’s moisturizing products and in what order to leave skin looking glowing.
“Start with a fresh canvas using Mirabella’s skin care line to cleanse, hydrate, and moisturize.”
— Serynne Evans Atwell, Aesthetician, Mirabella
Step 1: Prepping the skin with skincare
- Mirabella’s Cleanse Total Facial Cleanser: This hydrating and gentle cleanser contains anti-inflammatory ingredients, including Geranium Extract, Lavender, Allantoin, and Aloe to help reduce redness, calm sensitized skin, promote healing, and leave skin soft and smooth.
- Mirabella’s Balance Alcohol Free Toner: This alcohol-free toner works to purify and balance skin with Aloe and Lavender, while Glycerin and Sodium Hyaluronate aids in locking in moisture. Alcohol-free Witch Hazel removes excess oil and aids in skin healing and Peony Root Extract adds an antioxidant-rich boost to further protect.
- Mirabella’s Replenish & Restore Multi-Peptide Face Serum: This face serum is formulated with Retinol (helping with cell turnover), Hyaluronic Acid (to retain hydration), Niacinamide (to boost collagen and improve skin texture), Licorice Root (to brighten skin), and Vitamin C to smooth the complexion, reduce the severity of acne, combat hyperpigmentation, inhibit glycation, and reduce redness. It also uses Centella Asiatica Extract and Chamomile to soothe - leaving skin glowing.
- Mirabella’s Renew Age-Defying Daily Moisturizer: Includes tone correcting ingredients such as Licorice Root, Niacinamide, and Vitamin C, this daily moisturizer helps fade hyperpigmentation, retains moisture, and reinforces the skin’s natural barrier (protecting against harsh elements) thanks to ingredients like peptides, ceramide, squalane, chamomile, and jojoba.
Step 2: Priming the skin for a smooth, hydrated, even base
Once your skin is cleansed and moisturized, Serynne suggests using a primer to further prep the skin against drying air.
- Awaken Primer: Includes the antioxidant vitamin E to protect and preserve, collagen-boosting peptide complex Matrixyl 3000 to smooth and tone, and Jojoba to condition and nourish. This all-purpose primer brightens skin while sculpting and firming the face and locking in makeup.
- Prime for Face Makeup Primer: A weightless primer with silicone to smooth and blur the appearance of fine lines and antioxidant-rich Vitamin E to moisturize and protect the skin.
“Bonus: layer Prime for Face over Awaken Primer in areas of fine lines and enlarged pores,” says Serynne.
Step 3: Decide what makeup application tools suit your skin’s needs
- The Precision Pro Sponge: For a diffused, dewy look, Serynne suggests dampening the sponge which will add additional hydration to the formula. This latex-free sponge (with three application surfaces) is hydrophilic, so it absorbs water, not makeup for minimal product waste!
- Sculpting Foundation and Contour Brush: If an airbrushed full coverage look is desired, use this round, angled brush with densely-packed bristles, to buff in a small amount of foundation (A little goes a long way!). The synthetic bristles fit into all of the contours of the face, including around the nose and eyes, for even distribution and coverage.
- Flawless Skin Foundation Makeup Brush: Alternately, those with noticeable texture can use Mirabella’s newest brush, to stipple a thin layer of product right into the texture for a smooth finish. With a swirled brush head design, this foundation brush blends cream and powder products by pressing the product into the skin rather than dragging it over the skin.
Step 4: Apply Foundation
- Invincible for All Full-Coverage Anti-Aging HD Foundation: Available in 24 shades with skin-beneficial ingredients like Matrixyl 3000 (to aid in collagen production) and Hyaluronic Acid and Glycerin to lock in moisture.
Serynne recommends taking a small amount of the Invincible for All Foundation and dispersing it across the face with clean fingertips or another clean tool, then stippling and buffing it into the skin with your preferred brush or sponge. Add more if needed, but be sure not to layer too much, which could result in buildup that will crease.
Step 5: Lock it in!
- Invincible For All Perfecting Concealer: (available in 14 shades) Follow up with a touch this hydrating, buildable, and weightless liquid formula with Hyaluronic Acid and Matrixyl 3000 that conceals, contours, and highlights.
- Invincible For All Pure Press: (available in 14 shades) Set with a dusting of this new talc-free, triple-milled, mineral-based powder formulated with Hyaluronic Acid for buildable, matte coverage.
- Bulletproof Matte Setting Spray: For an all day look, this setting mist includes peony root and niacinamide, delivering a light, even, and controlled coverage that instantly sets and secures makeup while removing surface shine and minimizing the look of pores.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.