Chignon buns are the perfect classic look- they look great on everyone because they frame the face, and they are easy to achieve as long as you have the right tools. Celebrity Hairstylist and Rowenta Beauty Brand Ambassador Josue Perez provided MODERN with five easy tips for getting the perfect chignon bun:
- Chignon buns need volume, so the first step is to add in some soft curls, focusing on the bottom of your hair. I use the Rowenta Versa Style Iron, its small rounded barrel creates soft, full curls in just a few minutes.
- Next, choose which side you’d like your part to rest, and make it slightly deeper to one side than you normally would.
- Pull the hair into a low ponytail on the opposite side of your part.
- Next, twist the hair into a bun and secure with bobby pins to hold. Take a fine tooth comb, and slightly pull at pieces of the bun. This will make the bun look bigger, have more volume and make more of a statement.
- Lightly spray to finish! I use Oribe’s Dry Texturing Spray, it gives the hair the right amount of hold and adds in some texture.
For more information about Perez, visit josueperezhair.com.
SOME OF OUR FAVORITE CHIGNONS ON INSTAGRAM: #sidechignon
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.