Yes, the Sherri Hill F/W 2015 collection, shown last night at the Plaza Hotel in NYC, was breathtaking, but the BEAUTY backstage was something else. As always, the designer populated her runway with an interesting mix of professional models, pageant ladies and reality stars. As a result, cameras and press were everywhere, vying for the best shots and interviews of models and star studded guests. The most buzz surrounded "Chrisley Knows Best" stars Todd and daughter Savannah (who walked the show), and Miss Universe/Miss Australia Tegan Martin.
All of the chaos did not throw Tammy Mixon, Farouk Systems Lead Artist who embraced the inspiration for this collection: classic Hollywood glamour. The hair reflected soft romantic style to compliment the combined richness of luxurious silks, velvet, taffeta, and opulent beading.
The “Inspiration” from Lead Stylist Tammy Mixon for BioSilk Haircare
“I wanted to create a romantic updo using braids with a soft swirled rosette. It was the perfect look to compliment Sherri’s 2015 collection.”
Get The Look
1) Prep the ends of the hair by applying BioSilk Silk Therapy Lite.
2) Section the fringe area in a triangle with a center part and clip to isolate
3) Spiral curl the top of the head using the DURA CHI 1” Curling Iron to add texture.
4) Backcomb the crown area and spray the root area with BioSilk Natural Hold Hairspray. To create volume.
5) On left side of head direct hair back loosely.
6) Starting behind the ear, braid a three strand braid adding hair in from the nape only. Continue to just past center of nape.
7) Add remaining hair on right side and continue braid leaving 1-2 inches braided
8) Turn braid backward in circling form, creating a rosette shape. Secure with pins.
9) Next, loosely curl fringe area directing backward with the DURA CHI 1” Curling Iron
10) Spray with BioSilk Firm Hairspray to set the look.
11) Finish by lightly spraying with BioSilk Shine On.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.