Young starlet Emma Roberts looked classic and elegant at last night's 67th Primetime Emmy Awards. The stylist responsible for her siren-of-the-silver-screen hairstyle is Nikki Lee, co-owner of Nine Zero One Salon. Lee used products from UNITE to provide hold that took Roberts from the red carpet to the afterparty, in style.
“We did a modern take on an Old Hollywood Sultry Star,” Lee says.
STEP-BY-STEP HOW TO:
- I started with prepping her hair with UNITE 7Seconds Leave In Detangler then sprayed UNITE Boosta Spray at the root to mid shaft for volume.
- I used UNITE Blow and Set Lotion for her ends blowing her out with 2" round brush adding a nice bounce to her hair.
- After I blew her out, I set her hair by spraying UNITE 7Seconds Glossing Dry Thermal Shine to protect her hair from the heat of the 1 and 1/2" curling iron I used.
- I took about 2" sections all around her head wrapping the hair downward and pinned them with a duck bill clip to hold into place.
- Once completing the set I did a light mist of UNITE MaxControl Spray.
- I let the hair cool for about 15 minutes. I then took all pins out and began brushing all her curls out with a boar bristle brush. This is a key element to creating that old Hollywood wave.
- After I brushed and created the shape I was happy with I locked it in to place with UNITE Session Max Hairspray.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.