MODERN SALON's Holiday issue represents just one collaboration between MODERN SALON and CosmoProf. Last November, CosmoProf also sponsored MODERN’s Healthy Hairdresser Challenge, which asked entrants to “gift a little back to yourself” after a year of giving to clients, family and everyone else! “Make the pledge to add one healthy action or ritual into your busy day,” we urged hairdressers, and many did!
The responses represented a range of ways to give yourself a break during this often stressful time of the year. So take advice from your fellow hairdressers for keeping the holidays happy and easy:
- Daydream. Think ahead to the New Year—a fresh start, full of inspiration, education, motivation, cool styles and innovative technology. You’ll meet new clients, have extraordinary experiences and fall even more in love with your creative work.
- Get to the spa. A facial or a massage—even just a foot massage—can break up your week with welcome relaxation.
- Wear comfortable shoes. When your feet are stressed, you’re stressed!
- Live in the moment. The salon life can be a bit chaotic, but sometimes that’s the fun part! Enjoy your clients without getting caught up in drama.
- Nourish body and soul. Start each morning with nutritional food and a positive thought. Such a simple routine can change your outlook and energy for the entire day.
- Stretch and hydrate. Once a day, get down on the floor and do a full body stretch, one body part at a time, and drink water throughout the day.
- Journal. End your evening with a review of your day.
This November, CosmoProf will sponsor Healthy Hairdresser’s NEW “Gratitude Challenge,” with participants eligible to win holiday gifts of beauty courtesy of CosmoProf and its brand partners. In the meantime, go to modernsalon.com/healthy for more advice and to enter the monthly Challenges, and go to modernsalon. com/daily to sign up for all of the professional beauty tips and news that arrives in your email through your free subscription to the MODERN SALON Daily report.
Make this season of ’16 going on ’17 a time of growth in body, spirit and business. Create joy!
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.