Charlize Theron graced the red carpet in a memorable metallic dress and retro ponytail at the 89th Academy Awards ceremony in Los Angeles, California. Punk glamour with a touch of classic Hollywood was the inspiration for Theron’s ponytail updo. Enzo Angileri for Wella Professionals noted, “The most important element of this style was achieving all over shine and healthy-looking hair."
- Apply 1-2 pumps of Wella Professionals Oil Reflections Luminous Smoothening Oil to the ends of the hair. PRO TIP: “Applying the oil to the ends of the hair makes it super silky and able to reflect light.”
- Using a round brush, blow dry the entire head and part to the left with a well-defined part.
- Separate hair on the top of the head into five sections moving from the front to the back.
- Using an oval shape curling wand, create an old Hollywood wave using your fingers, then brush it out lightly.
- Next, grab all the hair at the back of the head, pulling the sides tightly for a smooth effect. Apply more smoothing oil to achieve more shine and reflection.
- Fasten into a ponytail with a rubber band and use a straightener to smooth out the ponytail, curving it a bit at the end.
- Complete the look by spraying Wella Professionals EIMI Glam Mist all over for incredible shine and smoothness.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.