Using natural texture to create depth and dimension, this Nouvelle honeycomb-infused look showcases interior shadows with cool tones and an exterior that is balayage-toned with hints of iris and honey.
FORMULA AND APPLICATION:
Natural level 7 with 80% unpigmented hair
Formula 1: Color Effective by HSA Nouvelle USA, 1 oz 9n + .25 oz 9.1 + .25 oz 9.021 with 1½ oz 10-volume developer
Formula 2: 1 oz 6.78 with 1 oz 5-volume developer
Formula 3: 1 oz Freestyle Deco lightener with 1.25 oz 20-volume developer
Formula 4: ½ oz Clear + ½ oz 10.2 Touch Tone-on-Tone Demi
(Add Eslabondexx Connector and Amplifier Bond Builder to all formulas, per directions)
1. Apply Formula 1 to the base.
2. Apply Formula 2 in foils, using a fan placement within interior triangles that are placed below the top recessional area and within the left and right sides.
3. Apply Formula 3 utilizing a balayage technique to frame the sides. As you balayage the top and crown, bricklay within a hexagonal shape on top.
4. Process all three formulas for 30 minutes; then rinse, shampoo and towel dry.
5. Apply Formula 4 to all the hair and process 10 minutes. Rinse and condition.
Color: Eric Charles Mokotoff, Hair Studio Artists/IASRaw
Style: Kacey Carlin, Hair Studio Artists
Photographer: Kacey Carlin
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.