"My client had level 2 virgin, thick coarse hair," says Kimberly Chong (@kimstylesme) of Cupertino/Santa Clara in the San Jose, California, area.
Here she shares the details for this makeover:
- I foiled her whole head which took a couple of hours (all slices no dropout). I started in the back right quadrant and bumped up my developer for each quadrant after, starting with 15, then 20, then 25, then 30.
- I checked her foils as she processed then pulled the hair out of the foils after she reached a level 7-8.
- I then bleached her roots to a level 6-7 using 20 volume developer.
- She was rinsed at the shampoo bowl and then blow dried about 80%.
- I applied a custom mix of Pulp Riot Fireball (red) and Lemon (yellow) and an inch of Joico Color Intensity Fiery Coral at zone 1 for a shadowed root effect. I then used Joico Color Intensity Fiery Coral (splash of water to dilute the color) for zones 2 & 3.
Her appointment was roughly 6.5 hrs long, but felt more like 3ish because we talked the whole time!
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.