Sophisticated, subtle, strength: John Simpson and Christopher Dove of CoCre8, an education-based duo fluent in the industry’s leading hair color formulations and techniques, create a collection designed to take both a natural and artificial glamour with each shift of the hair.
“Duality was created to display exactly what our educational method and voice is all about,” Simpson and Dove say. “We offer a method of how to utilize cuts, colors and finishes to work with every salon’s culture and product choice. It’s levels, tones, lines and layers! It's CoCre8.”
Hair: CoCre8’s Christopher Dove and John C Simpson
Fashion: Christopher Dove
Makeup: Joel Vera Sebastian & Adam Fleischhauer
Photography: Matt Licari
Melted Mosaic Purple
1. Isolate elongated triangle and prelighten the hair from scalp to ends.
2. Apply base to remaining hair (10 volume + 5AX). Process, shampoo, condition, dry.
3. Use horizontal slices and apply accent shades. Create your pattern with minimal blend (L'ANZA Vibes Red, Blue, Teal). Tones will naturally diffuse as they are familiar in level. Repeat throughout. Process, shampoo, condition.
1. Lift desired area to complement the cut in a back-to-back foil method.
2. Apply base to remaining hair 10 volume + 3 V. Process, shampoo, condition and dry.
3. In the prelightened areas, take thin slices on back- to-back foils. Apply accent colors in a pattern and “diffuse” slightly into each other (L'ANZA Vibes Violet, Magenta, Blue, Teal). Repeat until all complete. Process, shampoo, condition.
1. Lift the canvas to a clean level 9/10. Shampoo and condition.
2. To clean, damp hair, apply “platinumizer” to cool o and drive excess warmth out of the cortex (equal parts 20 volume + 10 P + water). Process 5-10 minutes. Shampoo and condition.
3. Apply base shadow (L'ANZA Vibes Blue). Only draw up as much color as needed to prevent color bleeding. Saturate.
4. In triangular sections, saturate middle with mid shadow (L'ANZA Vibes Blue + Clear). Diffuse with the side of your brush for seamless blend.
5. At tips of triangle, apply and blend ends shade (1 part Blue + 2 parts Clear).
6. In between triangles throughout the interior, diffuse and melt accent shades (L'ANZA Vibes 3 parts Teal + 1 part Clear, 3 parts Violet + 1 part Clear).
1. Lift to a level 9/10. Apply “Platinumizer” to clean, damp hair for 5-10 minutes (equal parts 20 volume + 100P + water). This rids the hair of excess warmth while cooling the canvas for color longevity.
2. Create deep base shade on short hair from the parietal down (Red + Clear).
3. Begin on lighter side of the part. Create progression by applying a drag of mid shadow shade (Magenta + Clear) from the base. Then apply the ends color (1 part Magenta + 2 parts Clear) and diffuse all 3.
4. On heavy side of part, take triangular sections and di use from base with the ends color.
5. Take small triangular “shadow spaces” in between and apply mid shadow shade on lightest pieces of both sides. Apply accent shades creatively over the ends for a pastel progression (3 parts Clear + 1 part Red and 3 parts Clear + 1 part Violet). This look as it moves and changes, appears deep or light with every shift.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.