Saretta Bowerman (@hairbysaretta) is known for her full, thick updos and hairstyles, and color know-how. So who better than the winner of 2017's Braids and Brides competition, #modernsalon100 honoree, and extension expert to try out Great Lengths' new GL Tapes tape-in extensions?
GL Tapes are available in four lengths—10”, 14”, 18” and 22” —and more than 55 colors. Here, Bowerman uses the extensions in colors RT67/24, 9, and 10 for a seamless, multidimensional balayage effect. She wanted to see depth at her client's base, so she added rooted pieces on the top rows of her application.
GL Tapes can work even on very fine hair; extensions remain invisible—only the desired effect is seen. For this look, Bowerman used 40 pieces sandwiched, making 20 extensions.
"I’m obsessed with the small width yet DENSITY of these new GL Tapes," Bowerman says in her caption on Instagram. "They are double drawn meaning they are as thick on the ends as they are at the base giving you an incredible amount of VOLUME with less pieces. WIN WIN!"
According to Great Lengths, here are some need-to-knows about GL Tapes:
- They contain the same high-quality Indian Remy Great Lengths hair found in the premium bonded extension products.
- Extremely small attachment sites ensure smooth, flawless, discreet application results.
- Thanks to the quality of the hair, GL Tapes can be re-used multiple times. With proper care, they can last up to eight weeks.
- Because they’re lightweight, they’re perfect for extremely fine hair.
- They’re flexible—use them as single or double tape attachments.
- Every strand retains its valuable cuticle layer from root to tip.
There’s more to learn about the craft, and business, of extensions.
Download our eBook Extending Your Services: Modern’s Guide to Hair ExtensionsDownload Our eBook
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.