How-To Get Audrina Patridge's New Look
There's been a lot of buzz lately about Audrina Patridge's new look. We checked in with her Minardi certified colorist, Sherry Ratay of the Gavert Atilier Salon in Beverly Hills, to get the scoop:
“I start with a few very important steps when coloring hair including analyzing existing haircolor, hair texture, skin tone, and eye color.
"For Audrina, I created a shade on shade hair color by doing the American Baliage technique with a slice or a slice-skip-slice throughout the entire head and focusing around Audrina’s front hairline with light pieces.
"With beginning in the nape area and working up and forward, I placed two different lowlights depending where I needed to create depth and where it needed more warmth."
The formulas (all Joico):
• Highlight-with Vero lights and 20 volume
• Lowlite 1-B5 with Activator
• Lowlite 2-2oz G6 and a dash of RC8
• Foundation color-1oz RB4 and 2oz G6 with Activator
• Glaze entire hair with 3ozG9and a dash of RO with Activator
The hair is maintained with Minardi Luxury Color Care Wah #3 and Minardi Pre-Wash