Bling Empire's Kim Lee hit the red carpet at Sunday night's MTV Movie & TV Awards with rich purple locks. But according to Guy Tang, this color didn't come easy. "It was an extreme color correction that took 12 hours because she had layers of black color for years in her hair," the stylist explained on Instagram.
To achieve Lee's pink and purple blend, Tang performed the following steps using #mydentity @Guy_Tang products:
- Pre lightened the hair with Magnum 8 Lightener + MyHero Collagen Powder.
- Treated with MyHero X System and Olaplex.
Then colored with the following formula:
- Rootage and Mids - Superpower Direct Dye formula - Crimson Spell + Blue Mystique
- Ends - Superpower Direct Dye Crimson Spell
Styling for MTV Movie Awards:
- Prep wet, clean hair with #MyQuickBlow before blow drying
- Once hair is dry, spray with #MyDefender to protect against hot tool, wave with 1.25 inch long barrel curling iron
- Finish with #MyPower and #MyStardust for smoothness and shine
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.