The first time I encountered Moroccanoil, years ago, I walked past their booth (more times than I’m comfortable sharing) so that I could scoop up one of those magical bottles of serum they so generously gifted. Fast forward years later to the news that they are introducing hair color, and I am delighted to be “scooping,” again, this time by sharing news of the launch of Moroccanoil Professional Haircolor Collection, a complete portfolio of permanent and demi-permanent hair color, and lighteners.
“The future is colorful here at Moroccanoil, and we’re really excited about it,” says Robert Ham, vice president of global education. “We are coming to the market with exceptional color, and should salons or stylists be looking to make a change and are curious about a new range of hair color, I think Moroccanoil might be a good fit for them.”
Available at select salons, the collection is formulated with the brand’s proprietary ProArginine + ArganID® System, a technology that delivers exceptional protection throughout the color process. An amino acid that is naturally found in the hair and easily accepted by it, ProArginine works as an alkalizing agent that supports the color process, while ArganID® helps to repair and seal the cuticle.
To coincide with the launch, the brand announced their partnership with two new Moroccanoil Celebrity Colorists: Amanda Lee, whose clients include Hailey Beiber and Chrissy Teigen, and Greg Gilmore, who has worked with Toni Braxton and Storm Reid and is a master at the platinum transformation.
“I’m so thankful to be a part of Moroccanoil because of the Blonde Voyage lighteners, alone,” says Gilmore. “They’re working so well that I know other artists are going to gravitate towards them. You can use a lower volume (Moroccanoil has a 15 Volume) and get very high levels of lift, while keeping hair pliable, strong, and elastic. It’s truly a gamechanger.”
The Moroccanoil Professional Haircolor Collection is complemented by high-performance care products for at-home maintenance between salon appointments.
“People should know,” Gilmore says, “that if they’ve ever used anything from the Moroccanoil line, they know that incredible smell, they know the integrity of the products, and they can lean on that when they go to try the color line because the same integrity, the same care, is put into this new color.”
The Moroccanoil Professional Haircolor Collection consists of:
- Color Rhapsody Permanent Cream Color (2 OZ. / 60 ml) – Delivers 100% grey coverage that’s vibrant and true to tone. Leaves hair 72% more visibly shiny** for professional-level care that shows. Available in 68 shades from rich naturals to vibrant fashion tones.
- Color Rhapsody High Lift Permanent Cream Color (2 OZ. / 60 ml) – Delivers up to 5 levels of lift on natural hair, levels 6 and higher, in 5 shades from warm to cool.
- Oxidative Cream Developer (33.8 FL.OZ. / 1 L) – Enriched with argan oil to provide conditioning benefits and optimal color results when used with Moroccanoil Color Rhapsody, Color Infusion, Color Calypso Demi-Permanent Cream Color, and Blonde Voyage Powder and Clay Lighteners. It provides an ideal consistency for precise application and a comfortable client experience.
- Color Stain Remover (4 OZ.) – Effectively and gently removes the telltale signs of a color service. The gentle, fast-acting formula helps to remove unwanted color stains without causing redness.
- Color Calypso Demi-Permanent Gloss (2 OZ.) – Achieve unbeatable shine, color clarity, and lasting vibrancy—in an easy-to-use, low-commitment liquid formula. Provides a 67% increase in shine** with 56% more conditioned and manageable hair. Up to 60% coverage on white and grey hair. Available in 44 shades.
- Color Calypso Demi-Permanent Gloss Activator (33.8 FL.OZ. / 1 L) – Specially formulated to be used exclusively with Color Calypso Demi-Permanent Gloss for enhanced performance. Enriched with argan oil to provide conditioning benefits with optimal color results.
- Color Infusion Pure Color Mixer – Customize any haircolor to intensify, neutralize, or pastelize the results. Discover endless possibilities within both the Color Rhapsody and Color Calypso collections. The gel-based formula is available in 7 shades.
- Blonde Voyage Powder Lightener (17.6 OZ. / 500 g) – High-performance, multi-purpose lightener delivers controlled and reliable lift of up to 9 levels. Powered by our BondCare + ArganID® System that protects and nourishes the hair during the lightening service. Strengthens hair and reinforces bonds to help reduce damage and breakage. Gentle, non-irritating formula.
- Blonde Voyage Clay Lightener (17.6 OZ. / 400 g) – Easy-to-use clay formula delivers precision application for all freehand techniques. Up to 8 levels of lift. Powered by our BondCare + ArganID® System that protects and nourishes the hair during the lightening service. Strengthens hair and reinforces.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.