Move over, Cowboy Copper, Cherry Cola is here!
In the transition from fall to winter, you may be experiencing a mass exodus from copper hair color among your clients. Are they wanting to go back blonde? Or are they switching over to the dark side? Maybe some aren’t sure what color they want to try next.
In that case, you can let them know that they don’t have to give up on red entirely. Introduce them to what is turning out to be the most popular color for this upcoming winter season, Cherry Cola. This particular shade of deep red is not a new concept for hair, especially this time of year, but it sure is taking 2023 by storm. Celebrities like Dua Lipa and Megan Fox have recently made the transition to variations of Cherry Cola, inspiring countless others to do the same. The color also has a solid place in hair color expert and celebrity stylist Guy Tang’s heart.
”Its deep, rich tones evoke the cozy warmth associated with the colder seasons, offering a striking contrast against the cool winter backdrop,” explains Tang, whose hair color and care line #Mydentity carries multiple options for achieving Cherry Cola. “Secondly, it complements a wide range of skin tones, making it a versatile choice for anyone looking to switch up their look!”
Guy Tang is the color theory expert when it comes to these iconic transformations and is great at giving tips and tricks to anyone who has clients looking to make the change.
Creating Cherry Cola with #Mydentity
When it comes to creating the color, Tang advises to keep your base a bit darker: “To achieve a beautiful Cherry Cola color, it’s best to apply your shades to a base between 3-6 depending on how deep you want to make your new shade.”
#Mydentity offers permanent, demi-permanent, and direct dyes that will help you land the color you’re looking for. Many of the colors in the brand’s Midnight series will produce a beautiful, deep red result, as well as the shade Crimson Spell.
“Depending on the client’s goals, style and hair type, a stylist can add extra dimension to a cherry cola hair color look through various techniques that enhance depth and texture such as highlights or lowlights, balayage or color melting,” adds Tang.
We all know that one of the most difficult parts of gracing your clients heads with beautiful reds is preventing that color from fading. Luckily, Guy Tang has also offered maintenance tips that you can pass on to your client for their home haircare routine:
Guy Tang’s Cherry Cola Maintenance Tips
- Have your client protect their color at home with MyHero Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner.
- This is the perfect duo to keep hair healthy and strong, without damaging any of the copper tones. These products have Hyaluronic Acid to keep a proper balance of lipids and proteins.
- Moisturize and protect with MyHero Collagen Shield Spray that works as both a leave-in conditioner and a heat protectant.
- When styling hair, having a protective barrier is crucial when maintaining color. Leave-in conditioner will also keep your hair healthy and strong, so this product is the best of both worlds.
- To make color maintenance easy on your client, send them home with MyRefresh Color Depositing Conditioner in Crimson Spell - the perfect Cherry Cola color!
- This conditioner deposits intense pigment and enhance softness and shine in just a few minutes, with a formula infused with Sunflower Seed Oil, Argan Oil, and Meadowfoam Seed Oil.
Learn more about #Mydenity at mydentitycolor.com. You can purchase #Mydentity at salonory.com or cosmoprofbeauty.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.