The tents may have come down in New York, but the fashion crew have moved to Italy where the models and the beauty teams continue to perform their magic. Redken Creative Consultant Guido, a fashion week staple, has hunkered down in Milan and is continuing to create perfect styles to complement the fashion for the high end Italian designers.
Just yesterday, he created these sleek chignon's for the Alberta Ferretti fall 2012 collection. According to the press release, "Her collection this season was a departure from her typical ultra-feminine wear, designed for a strong, modern woman; it was decidedly darker, more masculine and more architectural. Guido decided to match this with a hair style that was simple, strong, clean and shiny.
Says Guido: “There seems to be a toughness going around. Even though Ferretti is a very romantic designer, she wanted something a little stronger than normal. We created a very clean, strict center part and sprayed fashion work 12 and shine flash 02 into the hair. I then used my fingers to rake it down so it’s not too flat – I wanted it to have some thickness. Then I used the shine flash 02 again to add extra shine just before the models walk. It’s a severe look but has a very glamorous, seductive feel to it.”
GET THE LOOK:
- Apply Body Full Volume Amplifier throughout damp hair (which will add thickness) and blow dry straight.
- Create a clean center part.
- Pull hair into a low ponytail and apply shine flash 02 and fashion work 12 hairspray.
- Twist hair into a small chignon and secure with an open fastener.
- Finish with additional shine flash 02 for added shine and fashion work 12 to keep the chignon looking sleek and fly-away free.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.