She fled New York’s frigid winters and sweltering summers for balmy Southern California. Mad Men’s Megan Draper, played by Jessica Paré, is the fashion-forward character who first ventured into the world of micro minis, head scarves and an ultra chic bob cut. This summer when you are searching for some California dreaming makeup inspiration to go with those new high-waisted bells and crop top, look no further. Head makeup artist for the series Lana Horochowski shares how to create Megan Draper’s sexy summer look.
“Megan’s late-'60s look draws from Twiggy’s signature spiky lashes and nude lips, so this look was all about mega lashes by Ardell and heavy liner,” says Horochowski.
EYESHADOW AND LINER
1. First, apply pale blue eye shadow all over the lid to the brow.
2. Then use MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack, to line the top lid and below the lower lash line, extending both the top and bottom liner past the end of the eye.
3. Next, trace the crease of the eye to create a half moon shape and smudge the liner to soften.
4. Finally, trace the water line with MAC Chromagraphic pencil in Pure White and fill in all the way out to the top and bottom liner to make the eye appear ultra open.
1. To achieve Megan’s lush fringe, first apply Ardell 116 strip lashes for length.
2. Follow with Ardell Black Demi Pixies to get the spiky, mod look.
3. Next, add several Ardell Long Knot-Free Flare Individual Lashes on the ends for a slight cat-eye effect.
4. Ardell 311 Accent Lashes applied along the bottom liner line finish this super-60s vibe.
1. For Megan’s youthful, dewy skin, apply Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation for the sheer coverage.
2. Dust a pale pink blush on the apples of the cheeks and apply highlighter to the top of the cheek bones to brighten the complexion.
3. Use Nars Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Hollywoodland in place of lipstick to get the soft, shimmery, nude lip.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.