"Pumpkin Spice" doesn't just come in lattes this season, it's also is trending in haircolor.
Fall is here an so are autumn-themed hues. "Pumpkin Spice" haircolor has emerged and it's quickly becoming a staple of the season. The trend features gold, caramel, and fiery red hues. Next time your client asks for one of these looks, here are a few tips on how you can help them pull it off from Meredith Connors, professional stylist and head of education at ColorDesign professional hair color.
3 Tips On Executing Flawless Pumpkin Spice Hair:
1. It's not as "seasonal" as the latte implies; undertones of copper, gold and warm browns are available in all different levels of darkness or lightness, allowing pumpkin spice hair to appeal to everyone any time of year.
2. It's the perfect transitional color for a brunette, a little bit of warmth can create the appearance of natural highlights.
3. If maintenance is a concern, choose colors that are close to your clients’ natural color.
- For dark hair, I would recommend choosing deep coppers and dark golden hues to compliment
- Medium colored hair, medium coppers and medium golden tones
- Light colored hair, I would recommend choosing lighter copper hues with light golden tones
4. Client tip: Tell them to coordinate their look to accentuate or highlight the vibrancy of their new hair. Less is more, you want your hair to be the focal point.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.