The Professional Beauty Association's (PBA) Long Beach International Salon and Spa Expo (ISSE) is Jan. 28-30, 2017, at the Long Beach Convention Center.
The annual trade show features a vast range of education, vendors and stage presentations from well-known brands and artists. Here are a few highlights to look forward to:
- Main Stage Inspiration with Nick Arrojo: Industry icon and founder of the eponymous brand, schools and salon Nick Arrojo will focus on new trends, like square-lighting and root-wrapping, and of course his signature razor cuts. Sun., Jan. 29, 11-11:45 a.m. on center stage
- Balayage Brilliance with Candy Shaw: Master hair-painting with "The Balay Lama," Candy Shaw. Learn how to create seamless, sun-kissed highlights with tips and tricks from Shaw.
- Moving Hair with Martin Parsons: Upstyle expert Martin Parsons is always a hit because of his to-the-point styling, timeless silhouettes and magnetic personality. He'll inspire and motivate for the upcoming special-occasion-hair season. Sun., Jan. 29, 12-12:45 p.m. on center stage
- Cut and Create with Curls: NAHA Texture winner Lauren Moser shows how to master curls in this hands-on workshop. Learn curl types, their specific needs and what makes them unique. Sat., Jan. 28, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in 201B
- #PastelBraidLove: Chita Beseau and Shelley Gregory of Atelier by Square Salon share creative color placement with pastels. See how braided styles can be made editorial or commerical for weddings or other events. Sat., Jan. 28, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. in 202C
- How Hair Loss Technology Can Help Your Clients: Zenagen's Jared Reynolds details how hair loss happens, what alopecia treatments are available and more. Sat., Jan. 28, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
View the full education and stage presentation schedule here.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.