In this how-to by Living Proof's Cara Crafton, learn how to add major volume to your client’s hair with this half-up half-down hairdo idea. The look incorporates micro-crimping, backcombing and curling for towering texture!
- Micro-crimp entire head from roots to ends, so hair has a light and almost "feather-like" texture.
- Section horseshoe area of head away from the rest. Starting in the front, backcomb and curl in a mohawk section to the crown. Pin curls to cool.
- While they set, use Style Lab Blowout and a flat brush to direct the sides of the front hairline flat to the head.
- After the sides are set in place and the top has cooled, drop the curls and brush them out.
- Roll the top section into a pompadour shape, while making sure it stays connected to the sides.
- Once the top is shaped, brush through the bottom half of the look and break up the micro-crimping to make the hair appear light and airy. Use Full Dry Volume Blast for extra volume.
- Spray Style Lab Flex Hairspray to set the look, and use Style Lab Molding Clay to piece out the ends.
For more information, visit www.livingproof.com.
Watch below! Living Proof Creative Director Michael Shaun Corby and Maggie Mulhern show off three different NAHA looks using Living Proof's Style Lab line.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.