Kien Hoang and James Pecis
On Monday, December 10, the Oribe family brought their Atelier tour to a close in Santa Monica, CA. This combination of education and inspiration has been visiting cities around the US, bringing incredible hands-on training and technique to thousands of salon teams, stylists, and owners. Onstage, Oribe artists shared looks from the runway and in-salon, while on the floor, these same artists guided stylists through recreating the styles on models.
Oribe first launched in 2008, with the founders, Tev Finger, Daniel Kaner and Oribe Canales, so this year has been a celebration of ten years of making the world a more beautiful place.
“When I think of our brand from a leadership standpoint we are informed by three things (and in no particular order) but they are clients and customer care, our internal team and their development and the brand, itself,” Oribe President Daniel Kaner says. “Those three things inform everything that we do.
“And leadership is such a big part of what we hope to bring to the industry. It’s about standing for something, and having real value. What you see here today are a tremendous group of salon leaders and engaged stylists from around the world. In our tenth year, we keep trying to do and be better, to grow our industry. The message today is about being involved, helping other people, and to grow our industry beyond hairdressing.”
• Founded by renowned hairstylist Oribe Canales and industry veterans Daniel Kaner and Tev Finger
• Launches in salons with 20 products, including current top-sellers Shampoo and Conditioner for Beautiful Color, Supershine Moisturizing Cream, Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray and Super Fine Hair Spray
• First Oribe Backstage event at Chelsea Piers in New York City
• Oribe enters Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and Barneys New York
• Oribe enters the UK and Canadian markets
• Oribe.com launches
• Oribe Canales performs on stage at Intercoiffure in New York City
• The iconic Dry Texturizing Spray launches
• Oribe partners with Birchbox
• Oribe launches on Net-a-Porter
• The New York City Education Studio opens in Manhattan
• Gold Lust Repair & Restore Collection and Cote d’Azur Eau de Parfum launches
• Oribe is named in Forbes’ list of Most Promising Companies in America
• #oribeobsessed is born
• The Oribe x Goldwell North American education alliance begins
• Best-selling Bright Blonde for Beautiful Color Collection launches
• James Pecis joins the Oribe Education Team as Global Ambassador
• Airbrush Root Touch-Up Spray wins a CEW Beauty Insider Award
• The Journey to Mastery education program is introduced
• Receives WWD Brand Builder of the Year Award
• Kao Corporation acquires Oribe
• Gold Lust Pre-Shampoo Intensive Treatment and Swept Up Volume Powder Spray win CEW Beauty Insider Awards
• Oribe celebrates 10 years with the launch of Dry Texturizing Spray 10th Anniversary Edition
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.