COLOR CORRECTION: Neutralizing Brassy & Yellow Hair Color
Before and afterPhoto 1 of 2
SectioningPhoto 2 of 2
Combating your client’s color concerns requires the right knowledge, tools and resources to get the job done. And while all of these things are important, using the right hair color is crucial to providing your clients with their desired results.
L'Oréal Professionnel's Majirel line offers rich, permanent hair dye which provides coverage of gray hair and dimensional color results. The line has over 100 shades that can be tailored to create exactly the color your client is looking for.
As part of Majirel's new #ColorMakeover campaign, Majirel offers the answers to three common color correction scenarios, from dealing with clients with: dull and faded hair, to yellow and brassy, to hair with color blocking and contrasting color.
This technique, by L'Oréal Professionnel Artist Brooke Evans (@Brookieney), from Forma Collective Salon in Englewood, CO, shows how you can neutralize a client’s brassy or yellow-looking hair.
Remember to tag #colormakeover when you transform one of your clients with Majirel!
SECTIONING: Separate the hair from front to back using the ear as a guide.
• On previously lightened, brassy hair, apply Formula 1 using balayage highlighting techniques.
• Process balayage highlights to a level 8.
• Rinse Formula 1, towel dry.
• Apply Formula 2 globally through mid-lengths and ends, process for 10 minutes.
• Rinse until the water runs clear, towel dry.
• Apply Smartbond Step 2, leave-on hair for 10 minutes.
REMOVAL AND RINSING POST SMARTBOND STEP 2