Lighter and brighter, rich and glossy, shimmering tones—hair color is heating up for the new season. Though red is a staple year-round, longer summer days bring lighter tones, intricate dimension and plenty of shine to summer updates and transitions. In this how to, featured in the April issue of MODERN SALON, Kenra Professional Artistic and Technical Director Robb Dubré creates a crave-worthy coppery red blend using a combination of lightening, glazing and Kenra Color.
Artistic and technical director, Kenra Professional
Transition deep winter reds to a natural copper blend. Perfect for the client who wants a natural enhancement with no obvious regrowth.
Formula A: Kenra Color Lightening Powder mixed 1:1 with Kenra Color Permanent Coloring Creme Developer 10 volume
Formula B: 1/2 oz. 7CG with 1/2 oz. Kenra 10 volume
Formula C: 2 oz. Kenra Color 9 volume Activator, 3/4 oz. 8C Kenra Demi-Permanent Coloring Crème
and 1/4 oz. 7CG Kenra Demi-Permanent Coloring Crème.
Step 1: Alternate fine slices of Formulas A and B in back-to-back foils through the crown and fringe.
Step 2: Process 30 minutes to achieve Level 8 with lowlights. Shampoo.
Step 3: Apply demi glaze (Formula C); process 25 minutes.
CLICK HERE FOR A FULL LOOK AT KENRA COLOR—HEAR FROM ROBB, AND CHECK OUT FINISHED MODELS!
LIKE THIS LOOK? YOU'LL LOVE THESE TOO!
• Violet and Wild Orchid Vivids: This popular color is HOT!
• Bold Color Statement: Pastel-inspired hair color from Joico's Sue Pemberton
• Check out this color chalking tutorial for another must-have look this summer!
• Pastel color is HOT... here's how to achieve the perfect pastel purple.
• Kevin Murphy's Color.Bug gives a color chalking effect, minus the chalk!
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.