Taking inspiration from the heroine of John Waters’ iconic film ‘Hairspray’, Tracy Turnblatt, and the bouffant-haired beauties of bands like The Supremes, The B-52s and The Go-Gos, ‘the bigger the better’ was the clear directive for the hair look at Jeremy Scott’s SS16 NYFW collection.
“Jeremy isn’t just a designer – he’s a star with a huge fan base that thrives on the drama, creativity and tongue-in-cheek humor of his work,” said Wella Professionals Global Creative Director, Eugene Souleiman. “He loves extremes and this is the biggest venue he’s ever shown in, so we needed the hair to reflect that scale and deliver high drama on the runway. Building on the late-50s-meets-80s Americana influence that Jeremy loves, we created a caricature of that classic John Waters look, with masses of graphic, structured volume at the roots, set off by incredibly soft and bouncy movement through the lengths.”
Get the Look:
1. Start by prepping the hair with a 50/50 mixture of Wella Professionals EIMI Root Shoot and Wella Professionals EIMI Sugar Lift and set it in large pin curls before blow drying.
2. Make sure the hair is completely dry in order to achieve volume that holds its shape while maintaining movement.
3. Once the hair is set, use a fine tooth comb to brush through the curls and back-comb the hair in small sections all the way around the head, including the gravity-defying bouffant at the crown.
4. Use a fine tooth comb to draw a line through the center of the head, creating a center part that frames the face.
5. Finish the look with Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm hairspray in order to maintain a strong hold.
Available September 2015, NEW EIMI by Wella Professionals incorporates all your favorites--plus four new products-- from Wella Professionals to complete a comprehensive line up of 20 styling products.