When it comes to creating breathtaking updos, MODERN editors know that Sara Ortega never disappoints (seriously, look at these 15 boho looks she made). That's why we tasked her with incorporating Aloxxi’s new all-in-one Bombshell Volumizing Grip styler to see how it could up her game even more.
The San Diego-based artist blew us away! And best part? She can't get enough of the product!
Ortega says the spray provides her with the perfect amount of grip needed for her well-known bridal styles. Made with quartz dust, the spray provides balanced texture and shine while tapioca starch helps plump strands to create thicker-looking hair. It also features Aloxxi’s Apple Stem Cell Technology and Colour-Care Complex, which protects hair color from fading by helping to block UV rays.
"I love that the spray has zero weight with a flexible hold," Ortega says."It offers smooth fullness with body and shine."
Here, Ortega uses the Bombshell styler to give the grip needed to keep this cascading updo in place:
- Give the hair texture by curling entire the head, and backcomb tips of the head to the nape.
- Spray Aloxxi Bombshell Volumizing Grip styler to each strand to add more texture and grit.
- Pin hair at the upper nape section, and continue to pin the sides to your preference.
- Loop and pin downward, weaving sections of hair into the loops you’ve already created.
- There is no technique on how to loop or weave the hair, Ortega says. This is all up to your preference.
- Leave a few strands out from the sides and curl, to give the upstyle a more organic, boho feel.
- When finished, apply the Aloxxi Bombshell Volumizing Grip styler again, and decorate with your accessory of choice.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.