Here’s the good news…nobody had to tell a stylist to wash their hands. But your guests may need to be reminded that when they come to you, they are coming to someone they can trust to do their very best for them. If you need a few talking points or ways to reassure them, we put together these for you. And for a great example of what one salon is doing, visit this post from our friends at Whip Salon.
I want to give you some information that I hope will answer any questions you have during this unprecedented crisis created by the coronavirus. While it’s not exactly business as usual for anyone, these days, it is always my business to keep the lines of communication open with you, my valued guest. Your health, safety, happiness (and hair😊) are so important to me. I want you to know that…
- Stylists are licensed professionals. We have spent many hours learning about sanitation and must pass rigorous testing to be credentialed. We’re experts in clean.
- We didn’t have to be told to wash our hands. Stylists wash their hands, frequently, before, during, and after every service.
- Bringing our best to work means staying home when we don’t feel well. Stylists don’t come in if we’re off our game.
- Every day, we clean our tools, stations, chairs, floors, doorknobs and so much more. A salon space is held to a very exacting standard in order to be in business. We’re a clean, safe place.
- Help yourself to the hand sanitizer!
- As much as I love my clients, I am going to refrain from the usual handshakes and hugs. Nothing personal!
And, finally, if you have any concerns, please feel free to bring them to my attention. I look forward to seeing you soon.
For updated news on COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) or your local health department for the most current information pertaining to your area.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.