Tarra Kruper @tarratakesover is a hairstylist in Los Angeles, and an educator for Wella Professional and ghd. She shared this brunette to blonde transformation, a process that took 10 hours of time and expertise.
“Thanks to patience & WellaPlex,” she says on her Instagram feed post.
- Wella ColorRenew on dry hair for 30 min to remove build up and previous color.
- Foiled the whole head with a slicing technique using diagonal back sections, feathered up to the line of demarcation (about 3/4 inch from the root) with Blondor Soft Blonde Cream & 20vol + Wellaplex. Processed 50min then went back through each foil and re-saturated.
- Rinsed, towel dried, and painted the ends again with Blondor & 20vol+ WellaPlex to lift the remaining pigment from previous hair color.
- Rinsed and toned with Illumina 7/81 +8/69 & Pastel Developer (to shift the base and tone the ends).
- Rinsed, dried, and foiled babylights in a diagonal back pattern using Blondor Multiblonde Powder & 13vol ( only applying the lightener to the new growth).
- Toned the roots with ColorTouch 8/03 & 6vol and the ends with 9/0 & 6vol - Sealed her hair with Wellaplex #2.
“Kelli went home with a Wellaplex #3 treatment to do once a week,” Kruper concludes. “After care is SO important after a drastic change like this! I was checking the integrity of her hair each step. 2 inches were being cut off her hair so that was a factor in being able to get her hair that light.”
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.