Red is a beautiful, powerful color that’s always trending. Now that summer is here, fresh tones have been spicing up our feed as we transition from deep scarlet to vibrant copper just in time for beach days and sunshine.
Aly Davis, Director of R. Cribb Salon in Myrtle Beach, SC, and a MODERN SALON Artist Connective member, recently worked some redhead magic while adjusting her client’s color.
“Over the last few months, Josie has played with a few different copper looks. She had a good amount of regrowth with old previous banding from multiple layers of copper. This time we opted for shifting her out of a color melted look and into a brighter, more natural, all-over copper,” Davis explains.
Want your copper formulas to be the best of the best? She shares that there’s one MUST to get striking color results. “When working with coppers it’s crucial you incorporate a ton of gold into your formulas for proper deposit and vibrancy.”
As a redhead lover, Davis has been using Wella Koleston Perfect for incomparable natural depth and shine. Read her process below to recreate this looks!
- Gently lighten new growth and previous base color with fine slicing + pastel developer, heavier concentration around the hairline.
- Lift to a level 8 gold and no higher! Pull foils as needed to ensure it does not surpass a level 8, spraying with a conditioner.
- Gentle wet balayage with pastel on damp ends for 5 minutes to kick out a little of previous tone.
- Mix equal parts Wella Koleston Perfect 8/3, 8/43, 7/34- 1:2 with Pastel Developer.
- Apply base to ends, process 15 minutes.
- Rinse, condition with a protein-based conditioner + treat.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.